Javier Szlifman speaking at Play the Game 2011. Photo: Thomas Søndergaard/Play the Game
Javier Szlifman has been working as a journalist since 2000, in radio: La Tribu, Splendid, Fènix; and in television as a producer in Sport’s programs: TyC Sports, Boca TV, el Garage TV.
He has published articles in Un caño -Sport’s Magazine and in online press: Perfil.com
He writes for his own site: www.pelotaafuera.blogspot.com
In the Academic field he participates in conferences and in a study group specialized in sociocultural aspects in Sports.
He has recently graduated in Communication Studies and his Thesis analyzes how the media covers the violence in Argentinian football and the actors involved. An abstract was published in www.efdeportes.com.
Presentation at Play the Game conferences:
Violence and corruption, a network threatening Argentine football - Play the Game 2011 (Pdf.)
Play the Game
- The World Cup, between football and violence21-06-2018
- A wave of violence among South America’s football fans05-06-2014
- More football violence in Argentina and new tragedies in South America 18-04-2013
- Views and proposals on violence in Argentinean football29-05-2012
- Another year of violence in Argentinean football 24-01-2012