Lars Jørgensen is born in 1961. He graduated from the Danish School of Journalism in 1987. Since then, he has worked for B.T., Greenland’s Radio, Denmark’s Radio (DR), Ekstra Bladet, the journal ‘Journalisten’, and Politiken.
His main focus is the Olympic Games and the IOC. He has covered the sport of sailing since 1999 from i.e. the Olympics in Sydney and America’s Cup in Auckland and Valencia.
Author of the books:
- “Sømænd af verden – danske drømme om America’s Cup” from 2007
- ”Frederik og Flammen – Prinsen der ville lege med den Olympiske ild” from 2009
Nominated for the prestigious Danish Journalism Award ”Cavlingprisen” in 1999 and 2000
Play the Game
- A World Cup of spies08-06-2018
- As the IOC brand gets stronger, so do the advantages of being situated in Switzerland09-10-2009
- Dutch Crown Prince makes controversial proposal in the IOC05-10-2009
- The “secret” Olympic Congress is now open04-10-2009
- The secret Olympic Congress in Copenhagen03-10-2009
- Limited media access to the IOC hotel in Copenhagen02-10-2009
- Political doping of the IOC before the election of Olympic host city02-10-2009
- Ring of security around IOC in Copenhagen02-10-2009