Thanks to a grant worth 383,000 euros from the EU's Erasmus+ programme and subsidies from the Danish Pparliament, Play the Game and the Danish Institue for Sports Studies (Idan) will act as the coordinator of academics and sports leaders in Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland and Romania who are all eager to embark on a reform process.
Full project partners
Will conduct the academic research and write the national reports in thier respective countries.
- Danish Institute for Sports Studies/Play the Game
- German Sports University Cologne
- KU Leuven
- Molde University College (MUC)
- University Bucharest
- University of Warsaw
- Utrecht University
Will give advice and to assist in the development and implementation of the benchmarking tool and share results from the 'National Sports Governance Observer'.
- Cyprus Sport Organisation (CSO)
- Danish Football Association (DBU)
- Enlarged Partial Agreement on Sport (EPAS), Council of Europe
- European Association for Sports Management (EASM)
- Flemish Sports Confederation (VSF)
- International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE)
- Norwegian Football Association (NFF)
- Polish Golf Union (PGU)
- Romanian Football Federation (FRF)
Read more about the partners
Stakeholders from other countries will be included in the course of the project on thier own accounts. If interested in joining, please contact email@example.com.