Simona Kustec Lipicer
Associate Professor, University of Ljubljana
Prof. Dr. Simona Kustec Lipicer –
SHORT CURICULUM VITAE
Simona Kustec Lipicer is an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana where she teaches courses on Introduction to Policy Analysis, Evaluation of Public Policy, Professional practice / Traineeship and Public Sector Management. Her academic and research work focus primarily on public policies analysis, policy evaluation, sport policy, electoral campaigns and manifestos and management in public sector
As a researcher at the Centre for Political Science Research at the University of Ljubljana she is currentlyhead of the following national and international research projects:
- Basic national research project “Pre-election campaign and democratic evolution of state and society” (JP-2289) (1. 5. 2009 – 30. 4. 2012).
- Target national research project “Effective state support for the citizens’ sport activity” (1. 10. 2010 – 1.10. 2012).
- EU COST Action IS0806 “The True European Voter: A Strategy for Analysing the Prospects of European Electoral Democracy That Includes the West, the South and the East of the Continent,” head for Slovenia; coordinator Professor Hermann Schmitt, PhD; University of Mannheimu, Mannheimer Zentrum für Europäische Sozialforschung (MZES) (2009-2014).
- Bilateral research project with the University of Stirling Law School, Scotland, funded by the Royal Society of Edinburgh/the Slovenian Academy of Science and Arts and the ERASMUS programme “Recent developments in EU law and policy and the impacts upon anti-doping regimes” (2008-2011).
She is also involved in the following national and international research projects:
- Basic research project “Open method of coordination; an analysis of its policy and political consequences” (JP-2030), Head Professor Danica Fink-Hafner, PhD (1. 5. 2009 – 30. 4. 2012).
- Comparative Manifesto Project; coordinator Professor Hans-Dieter Klingemann, PhD, and Andrea Volkens, PhD; Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung Gemeinnützige Gesellschaft mbH – WZB, Berlin, Germany (since 2009).
- The Euromanifestos Project; coordinator Professor Hermann Schmitt, PhD: Universty of Mannheimu, Mannheimer Zentrum für Europäische Sozialforschung (MZES) (since 2001).
- Sport Governance; coordinator professor Claude Sobry, PhD; Université de Lille 2, Faculté des sciences du sport et de l'éducation physique, laboratoire “Sport, Identité, Culture” (since 2008).
Other professional activities:
- National expert for sport policy, especially the anti-doping policies in the period of Slovenian presidency of the EU.
- Member of the Slovenian Governmental Top-rank Officials Tender Commission (2008 to present).
- Foreign expert evaluator of the pilot projects for the TQM evaluation in Slovenian public administration (from 2008 to present).
- Expert reporter in European Parties Elections and Referendums Network for Slovenia (with Professor Alenka Krašovec, PhD).
- Expert evaluator of the scientific commission of the Research Agency of Republic of Serbia.
Functions and memberships in professional associations:
- Member of the chair for policy analysis and public administration, Department of Political Sciences, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia (1999 to present).
- Member of the Centre for Political Sciences Research, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia (1999 to present).
- Member of IPSA – International Association for Political Sciences, Public Policies Committee;
- Member of MPSA - The Midwest Political Science Association.
- Member of ECPR – European Consortium for Political Research.
- Member of NispaCee – The Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe, Section for Policy Analysis.
- Member of Croatian Political Sciences Association.
- Member of Slovenian Political Sciences Association (1999 to present) and member of the Executive Board (2007 – 2009).
- Co-founder and member of Executive Board of the Association for the Study of Sport and the European Union (Sport&EU) (2005 to present).
- Co-editor of Sport&EU Review (http://www.sportandeu.com/sporteu-review/).
- Co-founder and first president of the Slovene Evaluation Association (2008).
- Member of the International Co-operation Commission at the Olympic Committee of Slovenia – Association of Sport Federations (2006 onwards).
Grant holder of the following EU grants:
- Erasmus Teaching Staff Mobility Grant 2010-11 (University of Stirling, Great Britain).
- Erasmus Mundus Action 2 (EMA2) Basileus project 2010-11 (University of Zagreb, Croatia).
Find the complete list of her Personal bibliography here