Application procedures and application form
Thanks to support from the Norwegian Union of Journalists and the Danish Union of Journalists, Play the Game offers a limited number of conference grants for media professionals from less privileged countries.
Grants are available for journalists from less privileged countries and subsidies will primarily go to people from low income countries, but applicants from middle income countries may also be considered.
A conference grant consists of the full or partial financing of:
- Full conference package including lunch and dinner, social events, conference materials etc.
- Accommodation in two-bedded rooms at hotels or hostels within walking distance from the conference venue
Grant holders cannot bring accompanying persons and travel should be organised and paid by applicants themselves.
Play the Game is not able to take any responsibility, whatsoever, for injury or damage to persons or property during the conference. The organisers recommend that the participants insure themselves and their property for the duration of the conference.
Representatives of the organising committee from Play the Game will consider grant applications in due time before the event, taking into consideration one or more of the following criteria:
- That the applicant plays an active role in the sports debate in his or her home country and can prove a long-term interest in the conference themes
- That the applicant can add value to Play the Game’s agenda by reporting on conference issues to national media, by presenting papers during the conference, by entering in panel discussions, by contributing to Play the Game’s own news production or in other ways
- That he or she is able to cover the total travel costs
- That the total selection of grant holders represents a mix of earlier participants and newcomers
- That a fair distribution of grants is achieved with respect to gender, age, geographical origin, function in the public sports debate etc.
If your application is approved, we will send you an official invitation.
Due to visa restrictions we only issue invitation letters when each individual participant has presented convincing documentation that the conference is relevant for his or her professional or organisational activities.
Visa to the United States
You must then start visa application procedures without delay. If visa application is submitted later than 1 September 2019, Play the Game reserves the right to cancel the grant.
ESTA visitors: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
All other international visitors: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors
Documents and deadline
If you want to apply for a conference grant you must fill in the Grant application form (click to open)
Also, we ask you to send the following documents by e-mail (as attached documents or scanned copies):
- A resume, copies of or links to published articles or other relevant documentation of your contributions to the sports debate
- Convincing documentation that the conference is relevant for your professional or organisational activities
Deadline for grant application and accompanying documents is
1 July 2019 15:00 CET by e-mail to:
Only applications following the described procedures will be taken into consideration.
Download the Grant application form (writable pdf)
For further information please contact:
Tel. office: +45 87 48 20 20
Mobile: +45 20 20 68 38